20 January 2010

gisborne pecha kucha in review



The first inaugural Gisborne Pecha Kucha was fabulous, if I do say so myself.  Sarah, Darryl and Pene pulled off a great show and the Winemaker's Daughter was bursting at the seams. There were a huge range of  talks, all interesting and well done.  They spanned from dolphins, painting, photography and the state of the beaches, to poetry game shows and brooches.  
I couldn't resist wearing all of the brooches.  And the crowd really enjoyed hearing the wearers commentary on the brooches.  There were lots of laughs.  It is a really short time to talk about 12 brooches and explain the project, but I managed (thanks to the fragment sentance).  Someone commented that my project was really out there.  Yeah! 
I highly recommend this format as a great way to raise the profile of fun "out there" jewellery project.




Craig used his 6 minutes as a performance piece and played a fluxus game show.  He showed 20 slides of NZ and read his geographic focused poems.  The first person to guess the title aka the location or feature won the post card/poem.  It was wonderful, I have never seen people listen to a poem so intently.

No comments: