05 July 2009

San Francisco Dreaming


* photos courtesy of Velvet da Vinci


Yep, that's right. Jet lagged, and sleepy I tramped over Russian Hill and paid a visit to the wonderful, Velvet Da Vinci!

It's a preeminent jewellery gallery on the west coast of the states, and it is packed with treasures. I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to explore all of the multitudes of vitrines, but there was some very reasonably priced Arthur Hash pieces, and more work from Hillary Pfeifer begging me to add to my lone piece, etc, a veritable wonderland, oh boy!

The current show involved Jane Adam Jewelry and Thomas Hill Sculpture. Hill's drawings were really fantastic. They were done on foam board and setup vertically and free standing. I was less excited about the sculptures that went along with the drawings. But, this was a quick first impression. I am excited to give the whole gallery more attention on my way back through at the end of July.

No comments: