17 May 2011

Box Project at Masterworks



The box project curated by Jasmine Matus is currently showing at Masterworks.  I really like the display.  One person I talked to was disappointed that the work seemed to take the obvious form. ie lots of necklaces.  It was hard for me to comment, being a necklace making member of the project, but I think that is sort of the point.  Maybe it would have helped to see the 'box' the makers received to get a feel with how far this jewellery had come.

 My whiffle golf ball necklace.  

This was made almost a year ago now and looking back, being pushed outside of my comfort zone forced me to work a bit differently.  It was really hard for me at first, but by the end, I was on a role and really enjoying the material.  Looking back, it has really influenced some of my current making.

No comments: