30 March 2011

handShake


handShake is a mentor ship project and show that will be held at Gallery 20/17 in Sydney.  The project is being curated and conceived by Peter Deckers.  The line up of New Zealand jewellers is comprised of eleven other emerging jewellers who chose their superheros as mentors for the year.  The project culminates in a show at Gallery 20/17.  I was lucky enough to be chosen as a participating jeweller and I in turn chose local artist Judy Darragh as my mentor.  She has been wonderful so far and I am sure she will give me a run for my money!


I have decided to send Judy post card updates on my making progress.  Above is post card #1.


The project is being recorded on a blog and will be updated continually for the year.  You can view the blog here:  Handshake blog.

No comments: