07 February 2010

Scout reports back on Pocket Guide to New Zealand Jewelry Show

Renee Bevan "Favorite Varieties" Brooches


Kate Taylor a former wearer in the Broach of the Month Club has moved to San Francisco.  I told her the Pocket Guide was not to be missed.  Here is what she had to say about the show:


I had THE most amazing time last weekend when I  went to the Pocket Guide to New Zealand Jewelry exhibit. I had no idea it was going to be as amazing as it was, and i'm trying to get back there today to spend more time there as I was a bit rushed last time. Ray was with me and we were both astounded by the volume and uniqueness and often comedy in the work.. plus the co-curator who is Mike was there and was super excited telling us about it! ... We need to start a campaign to get the show to NZ as there are NO plans for that which is about as bad as Flight of the Conchords being famous in the US and not in NZ!


You tell 'em Kate!

No comments: